Monday, January 10, 2022

Monday Miscellany

Sunday morning it was raining steadily and we gave up on our plan to attend a traditional Latin mass with Gregorian chant at the Duomo. We each went out walking in the afternoon when it let up, and in the evening we went over to the Mercato to get some supper. We ended up with hamburgers with roasted onions and potatoes. We could only eat half, so that takes care of dinner tonight. We don't eat at the Mercato, although there is plenty of seating. It's more pleasant to bring the food into our apartment and eat at our own table.

Pictures today are some random photos I've taken over the past week.

Me at the river in front of Ognissanti

One grocery had these giant popcorn containers at checkout. They had Japanese (I think) writing on them, so I don't trust what the flavor might be, even though I love popcorn!

A typical street we walk down. Yes, cars go through here.

Minicar parked along the street. Good idea for navigating an old city!

Now that Epiphany is over, it seems there are far fewer tourists on the streets. To celebrate the end of the season, here is the last Nativity I'll post. This setup was in one of the chapels at Ognissanti.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.