Sunday, January 15, 2017

Saturday Walking Market - again

We headed over to the Saturday Walking Street Market again yesterday. Anjali had asked me to pick up a few things she saw but didn't get and my sister is interested in some artwork. And the street food always beckons!

We didn't stay too long and headed back at the buffalo shrine, which is about halfway down the market. It's nice to come back through the small sois (alleys), which are much quieter than the main roads. They are not squared off, however, and one can easily get lost. GPS on our phones is helpful! (The walking street starts not far from us, but angles quite sharply away, so coming back is like trying to find the hypotenuse of a very uneven triangle.)

We passed a guest house with a lovely courtyard.


At first I thought this was some kind of big rock, but on a second glance realized it is a tree covered with some kind of dying vines. Rather eerie looking!


We came up to our place from the south side and got this view. The yellow and orange trim makes the Smith properties quickly recognizable. The area to the left is where our morning roosters live. It is one of the few places I've seen within the city that seem to be shacks where some poor people live.


One of the buildings we passed was open to the street. I couldn't for the life of me figure out what this place is! It almost looks like a jungle gym or building frames, but I don't think it is either.


On our walk back we ate the chicken fingers on a stick that we bought. The rest of the food we laid out on our plates:  two kinds of sausage (garlic and spicy Chiang Mai), chicken spring roll, and vegetable fried rice. It made a delicious supper!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.