Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Farewell the Winterline

...is the title of the memoir of Stan Brush, Woodstock Class of 1942. I like the sentiment, as the winterline is always out when we are leaving at this time of year.

This morning (Wednesday) we packed up our trunks that stay here in the attic (Indian clothing, some kitchen things we have accumulated) and our two suitcases that go home with us. I brought quite a few clothing and food items into the office to give away at coffee break time. And they are all gone!

I have finished up the work I've been doing. I've done a lot of research for the next volume of the Woodstock School history. I've been working with Dana Crider, a long-time staff member who is at home on disability; it's been very helpful to talk back and forth with him about what I'm doing. He is ready to carry on some of the work that still remains to be done. And a writer needs to be found!

Our taxi will come at 3:00 to load up and take us to the Dehra Dun railway station. We take the Shatabdi train toward Delhi and get off in Meerut to spend a couple of days with the Lals. Then on to Delhi and our flight very late Sunday night (actually early Monday morning). We should be home by late afternoon on Monday -- a very long day with a stopover in Frankfurt.

Thanks for reading. The blog will pick up again around Christmas time, when we will be visiting our daughter and son-in-law in Korea, then going back to Chiang Mai, Thailand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.