Thursday, October 9, 2014

Thursday Sunshine

We woke up this morning to a bright, clear sky. For the first time since our arrival, the monsoon mists have cleared away. I took several photos during my pre-lunch walk, which was quite warm in the sun!

These lovely purple flowers were blooming profusely in one area. You will notice that the ferns, moss and other monsoon growth has already dried up.


This is the view toward Witch's Hill, to the east of Midlands.


Looking further east to the Tehri Hills. They are already being slightly obscured by dust. It sometimes seems that there is no transition between seasons -- we move from one to the next in an instant.


This view is back toward the town of Mussoorie. Just a few puffy white clouds were in the sky. I like the look of the dead tree.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.