Thursday, October 16, 2014

Quiet Week

It has been a fairly quiet week here on the Hillside. The students and most of the staff are away on Activity Week. The rest of us have had varying degrees of dedication to getting lots of work done. On Wednesday some of our office people went on a staff picnic to Rishikesh to go white water rafting on the Ganga.

Monday I went back to the dentist to get my permanent crowns. After testing the fit and trying to adjust them, Dr. Thakral apologized and asked if I could come back Thursday. Whoever made them didn't exactly follow the impressions he had taken. It is now Thursday and I am hoping they fit well when I get there this afternoon. He is leaving for the next ten days, so there won't be another opportunity before we leave, too.

Monday the weather was bright and sunny; perfect October weather for Mussoorie. I took this picture from Mullingar looking east toward Woodstock and the Tehri Hills. I never tire of this view!


As I was sitting in the waiting room, I heard grunting, huffing and puffing. I looked down the stairs to see this coolie delivering a big load to the apartment just outside the dentist's office.


I caught him just as he was bending down to set the boxes on the floor. He carried them inside one at a time.



Tuesday morning we woke to heavy skies and it soon began to rain. We had been told to expect rain as an after-effect of the cyclone that hit the east coast in Orissa on Sunday. It was also very cold. Wednesday the clouds and cold weather continued, but we had no more rain. This morning, Thursday, the sun is out and it is clear. But I do believe the temperature has dropped five degrees or so and will stay that way. It's OK, we have plenty of warm clothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.