Friday, August 28, 2015

Third Friday Post -- Food

Following our visits to the Uffizi Gallery and Santa Croce Church, I need to catch up on food. I know this because I get more comments and email from my readers about my food posts than anything else! So here come a few food shots. I promise not to do three posts every day, but it is hard to keep up with everything we are seeing. (So don't forget to look at the two previous posts!)

We've eaten lunch at the Mercato Centrale every day. It is a huge place with tons of options, all well-priced.

Hamburger prep -- lettuce, grilled onions, tomatoes on cheeseburger

Cheeseburger (shared) and fries

Sicilian cannoli -- fresh mascarpone squeezed into shell, ends dipped in almonds and pistachios

Decorated David in the food hall

Kitschy lamp on our table at dinner -- each table is different

Lasagna

Mozzarella vendor

My lunch of salad with fresh mozzarella -- delicious!

Dinner of sausage, potatoes and beans

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.