Saturday, September 19, 2015

Saturday Morning

Last evening there were many students hanging out in the Quad after their dinner (usually they eat down at the dorm levels). I'm not sure what the occasion was, but they were having a good time with fairly loud music playing. Eventually they had a bonfire in the middle of the Quad and then went down the hill. This morning I saw a school employee cleaning up after the fire. You'll notice they had a large, safe metal tub to contain it.


We woke up to a steady rain on Saturday morning. It did let up by 8:00; I don't know what the rest of the day will be like. It is definitely a bit cooler than it has been. 

I took advantage of the clearing to go out on the balcony at the back of the Quad. The Doon (valley) below is clear and lovely today. These are the views we remember when we think of living here in the mountains. (Although, yes, we do remember that heavy mist, too!)


From the balcony, I had a good view of the Lyre Tree at the edge of the Tea Garden. It has died, engendering much nostalgia and sadness from many alumni. It's unusual shape has served as a symbol of the school for around 70 years or so. Although it was to be completely taken down, I've learned that they are going to preserve the basic shape of the trunk and major limbs in place. It does look pretty bare now.


We have no particular plans today except for attending a staff member's birthday party this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.