Friday, April 17, 2009

Daily Announcements

Every morning when I turn on my PC (the school computer I am assigned), the first thing I pull up is the Woodstock Wire. The daily announcements include a variety of items. There is always a thought for the day. Today’s is from Eleanor Roosevelt: “When you have decided what you believe, what you feel must be done, have the courage to stand alone and be counted.” The Bible verse for today is from Deuteronomy 10:12: “And now, O Israel, what does the Lord your God ask of you but the fear the Lord your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.”

The announcements today include information about the Sadie Hawkins dance and special dinner (I'm not sure if it's Friday or Saturday, but I'm sure the students know). The dinner will be in the Quad, the dance in Parker Hall until 10:00, and students must check in at the dorms no later than 10:45. A bus will be available to take the boys back to the Rokeby and Mt. Hermon dorms.

There is a brisk action in lost and found items (mostly lost). Mobile phones, USB memory sticks, sunglasses, MP3 players, and occasionally books are reported missing.

The daily menu is also posted. I wrote about the improved school food around the first of April, and here is the actual menu for today:

BREAKFAST
Suji
Boiled Eggs
Diced Potatoes with Cheese
Fruit Juice
Fresh Fruit

LUNCH
Kachumber
Seekh Kabab Frankie
Paneer & Vegetable Frankie
Roasted Vegetables with Pepper
Rajma Masala & Rice
Whole Fruit

DINNER
Salad
Chicken Manchurian
Vegetarian Manchurian
Vegetarian Fried Rice
Egg Fried Rice
Mixed Dal
Pineapple Slices

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.