Sunday, January 7, 2024

Takeaway Food

We frequently eat in our room. We have a small kitchenette and a decent-sized refrigerator. Breakfast is fruit with yogurt and muesli. Lunch is a cheese sandwich and more fruit (usually mango). I shop for the fruit about every other day. On Saturday I got bananas, precut pineapple, one mango, a papaya, and a large avocado. The total came to just under $4 US. I used to always get precut papaya, but last year it didn't seem to be available. This year I'm seeing it again, but I'm in the habit of getting a whole one and cutting it up myself.


About every other evening, Dan goes down the street to a nearby market and brings back an assortment of things for our supper. This dish is pad thai noodles. On top are some hard-boiled eggs that come in a plastic bag in a sauce.


I really like this salad. It has lettuce, cut up apple, grated carrots, and one tiny tomato. It comes with a small bag of kidney beans, barley, and corn, and a nice lemony dressing. One bag is enough for two people.


The Saturday Walking Street market is quite near us and we like to go to sample the various food vendors. Last evening we brought back this fried pork on rice (with a fried egg on top) for Dan. I had a Thai omelet, also on rice, which wasn't very photogenic. It had bits of meat, tomato, radish, carrot, and onion cooked in. Delicious!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.