Friday, January 5, 2024

Around the Block

This morning I took a walk in our neighborhood. On a nearby street, we used to enjoy eating at the Blues Bar. But last year when we were here, the owners had closed down and moved back to their village. They were getting older and I suspect the lack of tourists during the pandemic finished off their business.

I think this empty lot is the place where the restaurant was. Maybe something interesting will be built there. 


This sad building was a hostel that was shiny and new just a few years ago, but it is obviously deserted now.


An old pickup truck is parked on that street, and has been for as long as we've been coming here. It has been pretty thoroughly picked over -- I suspect there is no engine under the hood, either.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.