Monday, January 20, 2020

Miscellany (again)

I try to keep my eyes open for unusual or interesting things to photograph. So here are a few I've caught in the last week. (Plus, I know you all like food pictures!)

One evening I had a beautiful shrimp pad thai.


Chiang Mai Gate Market has so many things; here are a group of ready-made spice mixtures for the various Thai curries. When I took a cooking class, we had to make these masalas from the raw ingredients; it's good to be able to buy them freshly made by someone else.


I walk by this shop daily; they sell stands for vending of almost anything.


Did you see the sandal I posted earlier sticking up out of a grate? Well, I found its mate a few blocks away, not so easily removable.


Here's some fruit from one of my early morning forays. The bananas are quite small, about 4 inches or so, the mangoes are large (big enough for two for lunch), and the pomelo is skinned and sectioned.


Dan started getting passion fruit to add to our breakfast. It is a bit sour, but very flavorful, goes well with muesli, yogurt, and banana.


This house is just down the street from us. I noticed it today because there were Chinese tourists posing and taking their photos in front of it. The bougainvillea is amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.