Monday, January 6, 2020

Marketing

We've been here a few days now and are settling in. I've had several massages, which have been painful but beneficial. 

It is interesting to see small changes along the streets I frequent. In the past two years, there have been quite a few. Restaurants have disappeared, combined, and changed names. One restaurant I used to pass on my way to IDI (where I get massages) is now a shop selling only jackfruit, both whole and prepared.


On Saturday evening, we walked up to the main square where the Saturday Evening Walking Market starts. I wasn't up to doing the whole thing yet, so we browsed the plaza. This booth had a variety of vegetables and meat/seafood ready to be grilled.


Once a customer chose their food, it was put on this small charcoal grill and basted.


I wanted to buy some fruit this morning, so I went to the back area of the Chiang Mai Gate Market, where all kinds of vegetables and fruit are available. This woman was preparing pomelo and I bought a packet of segments already peeled.


On my way back to Smith Suites, I got this shot of the street we use to cross over toward the main markets. As you can see from the cars, there isn't much room for the two-way traffic. Fortunately, everyone is very polite and it works out without a problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.