Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Wat Daowadung

There are over 300 temples in and around Chiang Mai. We can see spires of three just from our window. On Sunday morning I took a walk around our neighborhood on some streets I had not been on before. Just a block away I saw this wat (temple) and walked in to see. This is not a major temple; it’s not on the tourist list of places you must see. That means it is quiet; there was almost no one around when I was there. The temples here are more than just a building. They often have housing for the monks, multiple structures, and statues.

This is the main temple near the entrance. Notice again the nagas (snakes) along the stairway.


This temple had quite a few interesting statues placed around the area.





Sorry it’s blurry, but I loved this one!

A smaller building further in

A monk chatting while the laundry dries




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.