Thursday, December 29, 2022

Staying in Bangalore

We are having a wonderful relaxing time so far in Bangalore. We are on the 23rd floor, so have quite a view. There is a large shopping area very close by, as you can see from the photo below.


On Tuesday evening the four of us went out to do a bit of shopping. It turned out to be a much longer walk than I anticipated, but I stuck with it and made it the whole way (nearly 2 miles, I think). Here is a view of Mahesh walking just ahead of us along the highway.


We stopped at a very fancy, modern liquor store, which had a nice seated waiting area where I could rest while the men did their shopping. The next stop was a sweet shop that had something none of us had seen before our previous visit. It is mango burfi. For my non-India-related friends, burfi is a sweet made of milk cooked down until very thick (khoya). When we were here a few years ago, I had some and immediately it became my favorite Indian sweet of all time. It is delicious, and even has pistachios in it. Yum! I might need to get a bit more to take along to Thailand.


On Wednesday we had a special lunch out at a brew pub called Big Brewski. It was enormous, with seating all around a pool with lots of greenery. We had several appetizers. One was popcorn shrimp, which, indeed, was coated in popcorn. Very good!


We had two pizzas. This one was smoked pork and the other was carbonara. The crust was sourdough, and both were delicious.


After that big lunch, we certainly didn’t need much dinner. Nina and I went across the street to a shop that sells all kinds of snacks. We got three kinds of samosas — palak (spinach) and corn, paneer, and standard potato filling.


We have had several interesting, savory breakfasts. This one is vermicelli cooked with a few vegetables and spices. Very different for us, but very delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.