Saturday, December 31, 2022

Another Day

Thursday morning Dan and Mahesh left for a visit to several orphanages near Vellore, about a 4-5 hour drive to the east. I’ve been taking regular walks around the compound we are staying in. It is beautiful and well kept.

The central tower is 32 stories and the four blocks surrounding it are a bit lower.


Near the front entrance there is a hibiscus hedge.


Around the back side is an enclosed basketball court. There is an extensive fitness center in the building.


The pool is lovely and quite deep. Alas, it is closed for winter and some renovation work. The round structure is a kiddie pool and there is a hot tub area off to the right.


The pool is surrounded by lovely landscaping.


Nina and I did several things while the men were away. We went to a spa and I had a pedicure and eyebrow threading. I’d always wanted to try the latter, but it’s not common in the US. It was a bit painful, but my somewhat unruly brows look much better now! (No, you’re not getting a picture.)

After lunch we went to a specialty shop to buy some spices. This store caters to restaurants and bakeries as well as to individuals. As you can see, one doesn’t enter the shop; you stand at the front and tell them what you want.


Here are my spices to take home: bay leaves, cinnamon bark, peppercorns, cardamom pods (black and green), star anise, cloves, and whole nutmeg. My spice grinder broke recently, and will have to be replaced immediately when I get home!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.