Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Walking to Market

About three mornings a week I walk to the Chiang Mai Gate Market. The front section has vendors selling all kinds of prepared foods, from soup to sweets. I don't recognize most of these items. Toward the back of that section one finds baskets prepared for gifts to a temple and some household goods. Behind that is a large hall with vegetable vendors. Again, there are plenty of things I don't recognize. Since we don't cook here, I don't buy vegetables (except some lettuce for sandwiches). Behind the vegetables it opens out into a narrow street with fruit vendors along both sides. People navigate through and motor scooter riders weave in and out.

Here are a few shots from the inside of the market.

Buckets with goodies for the monks

Marinated cabbage for sale

Ready-made food to take home; the baggies on the right are a common type of packaging.

Array of Thai sweets

Vegetable vendor on his phone 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.