Sunday, January 8, 2023

Settling In

We are getting into our daily routine. Dan retrieved his bags and rented a motorbike. He does the shopping that isn’t within walking distance for me. I found Et and had my first massage. (Her place is just a block down the street, very convenient.) Dan played pickleball on Friday morning. There are many more players now than when he was last here.

Our second evening dinner out was at the Guitar Bar. There is a row of four small restaurants about a 5-minute walk away. This is the one we’ve patronized most often. Both side walls are covered with guitars.


I had one of my favorite dishes, pineapple fried rice, served in a hollowed-out half pineapple. It had shrimp, chicken, and cashews in addition to chopped vegetables. 


The next night Dan went to a nearby market to bring home a few things. He brought a bag of noodles, several hard-cooked eggs, and a salad just for me.


The salad has chopped apple and another fruit in addition to lettuce. A separate bag has corn, beans, and another grain (barley?). The dressing is lemon vinaigrette. It is very delicious. The last time we were here, the bag was about twice as large, so served two.


An essential purchase is a fan. We leave the room door open to get a breeze from the windows. But if the door needs to be closed or it gets too warm, the fan is great. We do have an A/C unit and have used it a few times to cool the room off. 


I’ve been swimming a few times, but had to pass on Saturday, as the overnight temps dropped to below 60 and the water was just too cold. It’s supposed to hit the mid- to upper-80s this week, so I should be able to get back in soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please send me your thoughts about my posts.